What is a training agreement?
A training agreement is a document that outlines the nature of your internship or placement. It is typically issued by your current or former university or educational institution, serving as proof that the internship is a part of your studies and relevant to your education. The agreement is signed by the sending institution (university), the receiving company, and you, the intern. Please note that Spain Internship does not provide training agreements; this article is for informational purposes only.
Whether you are currently studying or a recent graduate, many countries may require you to obtain a training agreement from your university or private academic school.
What should a training agreement include?
Training agreements typically include, but are not limited to, the following points:
- Contact and personal information
- Education details
- Enrolled university
Company / host organization
- Mentor/tutor details
- Contact information
- Information about the company
Universities / sending institution
- Contact information
- Supervisor/international office contact
- Educational objectives of the internship
- Contact information of the internship supervisor
- Tasks assigned to the intern
- Dates of the internship
Terms and conditions of the internship
In this section, the training agreement typically includes the following terms and conditions:
- Duration and schedule of the internship: The period of time for which the internship will take place and the agreed-upon work schedule are specified.
- Remuneration or compensation: It is indicated whether the intern will receive any financial compensation for their participation in the internship and the details of how and when this compensation will be provided.
- Rights and responsibilities of the intern: The obligations and duties of the intern during the internship are outlined, including confidentiality, compliance with company rules and regulations, and the completion of assigned tasks.
- Rights and responsibilities of the company: The company’s responsibilities and obligations towards the intern are specified, such as providing a safe working environment and offering support and guidance.
- Confidentiality: The agreement includes provisions regarding the confidentiality of any information the intern may have access to during the internship and restrictions on the disclosure of such information.
- Termination or premature ending: Procedures and conditions for canceling or ending the internship earlier than planned are outlined in case the need arises.
- Signatures and dates: The training agreement must be signed by all parties involved, including the intern, the sending institution, and the receiving company. The starting and ending dates of the internship are also indicated.
It is important to note that the specific requirements and contents of a training agreement may vary depending on the country, the educational institution, and applicable regulations. Therefore, it is advisable to consult with the relevant entity to ensure compliance with specific requirements.
Please find some samples of training agreements from official institutions: