Oct 26, 2023
Dec 26, 2023
25h / week
400€ - 600€
Job Title: English Teaching Assistant
Location: Verona, Italy
About the School
We are a leading languages school located in the heart of Verona, Italy with a commitment to providing quality education. We offer a multitude of language courses for learners of all ages and skill levels, accommodating both local and international students. Our institution boasts a team of supportive, experienced, and proficient educators who are dedicated to fostering a conducive learning environment that promotes fluency and confidence in language use.
Verona, the city of love, made famous by Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", is the place you will call home. This charming town in the northern part of Italy showcases a rich history packed with Roman architecture, astonishing medieval old-town, and world-class opera. You’ll have the chance to explore and soak in all this beauty while promoting language education.
The successful candidate will assist with the teaching of English language courses and will play a vital role in shaping the learning experience of our students. Your duties will include:
- Supporting our English teachers in creating an engaging and interactive learning environment.
- Assisting in planning, organising and conducting lessons that focus on reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- Helping students with queries and providing extra individual assistance when needed.
- Assisting with the preparation of learning materials and classroom decor.
- Participating in staff meetings and training seminars.
- A Bachelor's Degree in English Language, Education, or related field.
- An TEFL/TESOL certification is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in teaching English as a second language is a plus.
- Excellent command of the English language both orally and in writing.
- A high degree of resourcefulness and creativity in teaching strategies.
- An enthusiastic and friendly personality, capable of motivating and engaging students.
- Sensitivity towards cultural differences and the ability to work well with students from different backgrounds.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changes.
- A responsible and professional attitude towards work.