Oct 24, 2023
Dec 24, 2023
20h / week
English Teaching Assistant Vacancy in Florence, Italy
About Our Language School
We are a prestigious language school located in the heart of Florence, Italy. Driven by professionalism, passion, and dedication, we aim to provide the best language education for both local and international students. Our school offers a unique learning environment, boasting a multicultural atmosphere coupled with state-of-the-art teaching materials and resources.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic English Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will be expected to assist in creating and implementing lesson plans, as well as contributing to the overall learning environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assisting the lead teacher in preparing interactive and innovative lesson plans
- Facilitating English language practice sessions in groups and individual students
- Providing support in developing students' English language skills such as reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- Contributing to student evaluation and monitoring their progress
- Ensuring a safe and positive classroom environment that encourages student engagement and interaction
- Participating in team meetings, school events, and teacher training workshops.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in English, Education, or a related field
- Prior teaching experience, preferably as an English teaching assistant
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification (or equivalent) is required
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly professional, positive, and enthusiastic attitude
- Patience and an ability to motivate and inspire students of various language levels
- Flexibility in terms of teaching methods and ability to adapt quickly to varying learner needs.
About Florence, Italy
Florence is a city brimming with history and culture. Encased in picturesque rolling hills of Tuscany, it is known for its world-class Renaissance art, sumptuous cuisine, and idolized fashion. With its ample opportunities to explore language and culture, Florence is a premier destination for language educators aspiring to flourish in their career.