Oct 06, 2023
Dec 06, 2023
30h / week
200€ - 500€
Vacancy: English Teaching Assistant, Language School, Guimaraes, Portugal
Our School Overview:
Tucked away in the picturesque city of Guimaraes, Portugal, our Language School is a leading institution dealing in multi-lingual education. We take pride in our immersive, student-centered teaching methodologies which facilitates language comprehension and fluency. A team of highly qualified educators make up the cadre and we are looking to expand our faculty with a dedicated English Teaching Assistant.
Guimaraes, often referred to as the birthplace of Portugal, is a UNESCO World Heritage City filled with rich history and culture. A city draped in medieval architecture and abundant green spaces. It offers a vibrant student scene, being the home to the University of Minho. For English teachers who cherish history, culture, good food and excellent wine, Guimaraes provides the perfect backdrop.
- Working closely with our lead English teacher in delivering lessons, following the approved syllabus.
- Providing individualized attention to learners, identifying areas of improvement.
- Assisting in creating an engaging, interactive learning environment through the use of diverse teaching materials and techniques.
- Helping prepare and administer exams, homework assignments and other assessments, tracking student's progress and submitting regular reports.
- Participating in faculty meetings, workshops and other school-related activities.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, Education or equivalent is required, a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA qualification will be preferred.
- Proven experience as a teaching assistant or a similar role in Education.
- Excellent command of the English language including accent, pronunciation and grammar knowledge.
- Familiarity with current teaching methodologies and the ability to adapt to new ones.
- Proficiency with technology, including online learning tools and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for teaching and the ability to inspire students.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to the dynamic learning environment and curriculum changes.
- Willingness to engage in continuous professional development.