Paid Hospitality and Tourism Placements in the USA

  • New York, U.S.A.
  • March 16, 2022 11:38
  • Internship
  • Deactivated

Job Description

  • Date Posted:

    Mar 16, 2022
  • Expiration date:

    Jun 07, 2023
  • Location:

    New York, U.S.A.

Job Description

If you wish to do a tourism internship or traineeship, te USA might be one of the best countries to do your placement. The USA is the most dynamic economy in the world and it is creating world changing companies every year. Being a populated country, they have also influence in all kind of industries around the world, having as well a powerful tourism industry.

Hospitality and Tourism Internship/Traineeship Placement Requirements

To make sure that you will be able to successfully complete your hospitality and tourism placement in the USA. Candidates must have an intermediate-high level of English as they must be able to successfully interact in an English speaking environment.

Internship vs traineeship, which can I do?

Internship Foreigners enrolled in academic studies or who has graduated from an overseas institution no more than 12 months prior to the start date of his or her exchange visitor program can make an internship program. This program lasts for a maximum of 12 months + 30 days of grace period that you can use to travel around the country (optional).

Traineeship Foreigners who have at least 1 year experience in the field they wish to become a trainee can enroll in the traineeship program. This program lasts for a maximum of 12 months + 30 day Grace Period that you can use to travel around the country (optional).

You must be also able to prove that you enough funds to cover you for the entire duration of your internship or traineeship in the USA. The minimum amount necessary has been set to $1000 per month by the US government. If however, the position which you have secured contains remuneration in the form of a wage or salary, this will then be deducted from the minimum requirement needed.

Hospitality and Tourism Program Fields for Internships and Traineeships

For your placement in the USA, you have to choose a field in which you are currently studying or you are experienced in. For instance if you wish to do a Hospitality or Tourism placement in the USA you will be required to have already studied or currently be studying in the Hospitality and Tourism sector or have experience in the Hospitality and Tourism sector.

Our collaborator have Hospitality and Tourism positions in the following fields:

  • Front office
  • Back office
  • Tourism
  • Food and Beverage
  • Culinary

Hospitality and Tourism Internship/Traineeship Placement Duration

For internships or traineeships in the hospitality or tourism field in the USA they recommend a duration of at least 6 months. It is possible to do an internship or traineeship for a shorter duration (with a minimum of 3 months). However, they recommend that you do a placement for at least 6 months as it is preferred by companies therefore it will be easier to gain a placement with better conditions. The maximum duration for a J1 internship or traineeship in the USA for Hospitality and Tourism is 12 months.

It is possible to extend a participant’s stay in the USA to the maximum duration of the program. If the extension is accepted the participant will receive a new DS-2019 form which will show the extension. However, they recommend that you decide on the optimum amount of time beforehand. Extending your duration will include extra costs as you will have to complete a new DS-2019 form. This form will have to be completed with the new dates.

Hospitality and Tourism Internship/Traineeship Placement Compensation

All of they hospitality and Tourism placements in the USA are paid. However, the amount varies depending on the specific field you will be working in, how many months you will be working at the company, your own work experience and the company itself. At Internships USA they guarantee a range of 1300-2500$ for a full time position for Hospitality and tourism placements that last more than 6 months. Most Hospitality and Tourism placements also offer other benefits such as accommodation and food, however, this is not guaranteed. As this varies depending on the company it will be discussed prior to the commencement of the placement.

They hospitality/tourism program costs and service

Work placement They have a great understanding of the US market, therefore they can certainly arrange a placement in the USA in a range of 8 – 14 weeks. With they service, you define the field and locations accepted and they take care of the rest!

Form DS20193 Internships USA will provide you assistance in obtaining the DS-2019 form and developing the Internship or Training Plan (DS-7002 form), required for a J1 visa. Therefore, sponsorship is included in the program.

Accommodation They will help you and advice you about accommodation, in case it is not provided by the host company. It is common to get housing from employers in this program. In case it is not included, costs depend on areas / cities so it will be discussed before your application. It is the student responsibility to book it, but they will provide you all guidance in their hand. Going to a new country is stressing, but it will not be with they help, they will help you to go through this smoothly.

Insurances It is required by the american government to have a health travel insurance that will cover all your medical treatments in The USA. Regular insurances do not work as they have cost limits and expenses are really high for medical treatments in US. A liability insurance is as well included in they program, so any damage you could do to your host company will be covered.

How to Apply for a tourism/hospitality in the USA and pro

After your application has successfully been processed, someone from they team will contact you to set up an interview. They will put you in contact with their team in The USA who will conduct a program admittance interview. This interview will be conducted via Skype and they will receive an assessment report.


  • Prescreening call
  • Admitance skype meeting, where they will check once more your requirements and check your english level
  • Deposits – To confirm your registration, you need to sign the service agreement contract and pay a deposit of 300€
  • Interviews with companies
  • Internship proposal – you will receive a written offer letter with conditions and offer
  • Final Payments (program + insurances)
  • Visa Application – They will take care of your sponsorship. Once the DS Form is done, with the number they give you, you will book your appointment in the embassy and collect your VISA.
  • Prices of they programs in the USA

    Internship or Training Placement + Form DS2019 (the major part of the J1 visa application)

    Registration fee 300€ Program cost: 2-6 months 2000€ / 7-12 months 2,200€ Insurance: 6 months: 600 € / 12 months: 1100 €

    We connect European students with companies all over Europe.