Aug 09, 2023
Feb 09, 2024
Tenerife , Spain
20h / week
300€ - 600€
Education/Teaching Assistant Vacancy in a School in Tenerife, Spain
On the beautiful island of Tenerife, in a highly reputable and prestigious school that provides high-quality education following the Spanish National Curriculum, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and energetic Education/Teaching Assistant. Our students range from 3 to 16 years of age, and we are dedicated to providing a safe and stimulating environment for learning.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the teaching staff in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons under the guidance of the teacher to whole classes and smaller groups.
- Maintaining a safe learning environment and managing classroom behaviour.
- Supporting students with their academic development to promote optimal progress in their learning and comfort in the learning environment.
- Participating in staff meetings, training days, parental meetings and extracurricular activities.
- Have a recognised degree in Education or a teaching related field.
- Have previous experience working in a school environment.
- Be fluent in English and Spanish both in spoken and written communication.
- Understand and be able to implement modern and effective teaching methodologies.
- Have competence in using ICT effectively in a classroom setting.
- Be eligible to work in Spain.
- Be committed, enthusiastic and nurturing, displaying a genuine passion for education.
- Have excellent communication skills and the desire to inspire and support students.
- Demonstrate strong organisational and time management skills.
- Display cultural sensitivity and a strong dedication to promoting positive, inclusive class experiences.
Tenerife, the largest of Spain's Canary Islands, is a place of vast beauty, unique culture, and stunning landscapes. Famous for its carnival, it also boasts breathtaking beaches, an extensive range of outdoor activities, and exquisite dining options. The island has a diverse ecosystem, complete with natural parks and a world heritage site. With mild winters and warm summers, this oasis presents an exceptional place for a work-life balance.