Paid Reception Internship in Arcos de la Frontera (Cádiz)
- Reception / Reservations
- Cádiz , Spain
- October 9, 2023 09:47
Our collaborator is a Hotel that offer their clients a unique stay in a boutique hotel in the South of Spain! They specialize in the management of a small hotel with up to 8 guests offering the best conditions to their clients so they can enjoy their vacations to the fullest!
They are looking for a reliable concierge/receptionist to work at the main entrance desk of their establishment based in Arcos de la Frontera, Cadiz.
Could you be interested in this opportunity? This internship can help you develop your Hospitality experience by learning the ropes from more experienced professionals. At the end of your internship, you’ll have relevant experience to help you decide if a career in Hospitality is the right choice for you.
- Updating the company systems as necessary.
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assitance or information & attend to their wishes & requirements such as assisting with baggage as necessary.
- Understand customers needs and provide them with presonalised solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the establishment.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises & the nearby venues & businessesto make the most suitable recommendations.
- Arrange events, excursions, transportation etc. upon request from guests.
- Answer the phone and make resservations, take & distribute messages or mail & redirect calls.
- Assistance of guests at breakfast time/preparation.
- Ensure guest areas are kept to a high standard of tidiness & cleanliness, liasing with cleaning staff.
- Assisting other staff/owners as necessary.
- Performing all check-in & check-out tasks.
- Managing online & phone reservations.
- Informing customers about payment methods & verifying their credit card data.
- Welcome guests upon their arrival & assign rooms.
- Provide information about the establishment, available rooms, rates & amenities.
- Respond to clients complaints in a timely & professional manner.
- Liaise with the housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy & fully furnished to accommodate guests needs.
- Confirm group reservations & arrange personalised services for VIP guests & event attendees.
- Maintain updated records of bookings & payments.
- The goal is to contribute to an overall pleasant customer experience to increase our reputation & ensure sustainable growth.
- In addition, you will be responsible to protect the establishment and its residents by monitoring who comes in and out of our premises.
- Some experience as a receptionist/concierge or relevant role is useful.
- Proficiency in Spanish & English; multilingual is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be guests first point of contact, so the first impression of the establishment depends on your friendliness & efficiency.
- Polite & confident with a great deal of patience.
- The ideal candidate will be a smart & trustworthy individual able to provide our guests with a warm greeting and handle all incoming requests.
- Ability in multitasking and time management.
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer focused orientation.
- High School Diploma & studying for or with a degree in Hotel Management/relevant field will be a plus.
- Accommodation within walking distance of the establishment with all utility bills paid.
- Breakfast at the establishment if required.
Internship hours: 40hours weekly.
Location: Arcos de la Frontera, Cádiz.