Paid English Teaching Assistant in Barcelona
- Languages, Education / teaching
- Barcelona, Spain
- February 24, 2021 14:54
Our collaborator is a bilingual international nursery in Gracia, Barcelona. They speak Dutch (only to children with a Dutch father or/and mother) and English (to the other children). The teachers are native speakers.
It is the location for max. 28 children between 18 months and 6 years old. They language school is open from Monday till Friday from 8-17h. The children enter between 8-9:30h. There are pick up times at 13h, 15:30h and 17h. There is a daily routine of freeplay, circle times, music/ dancing, arts&crafts, walks and/ or playground visits outside, snack and lunch, and naptime. On Tuesday the teachers assist max. 16 children to their swim lesson in a swimming pool close by. After 17h the company offers yoga classes (Monday), family yoga (Tuesday), Dutch class (Wednesday) and English class (Thursday).
In April the company organizes a camp week for 4 to 7 years old children during Semana Santa (Easter). In the last week of June and the month July there is a summer camp. During both camps extra activities will be organized and the teachers take the children for excursions in Barcelona.
• Taking care of the toddlers (nappy change, help to drink and eat and fall asleep) together with four qualified teachers and other international students;
• Organize activities like circle time, arts&crafts, walks, outdoor games, excursions during camp week(s);
• Make a difference by helping children to learn in multicultural environment at an early age!
• Excellent level of English;
• Get along with and interest in the development of children;
• Enthusiastic about and motivated for the job;
• Studies related to education for children
Internship hours: 9am to 5pm, from Monday to Friday
Benefits: 100 - 300€/month
Length of the internship: Open positions all year long, minimum period is 2 months (in August and last week and first week of the year closed).