Oct 10, 2023
Dec 10, 2023
40h / week
100€ - 700€
Education/Teaching Assistant Vacancy in Faro, Portugal
Located in Faro, in the South of Portugal, our school has been a pillar of education excellence for over a decade. We pride ourselves on providing an encouraging and supportive learning environment that fosters the development of a diverse student population.
As an Education/Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in enhancing the academic and personal development of our young learners. In this role, you will:
- Support the head teacher in developing and implementing lessons and educational activities.
- Assist students individually or in small groups to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Help in supervising students in the classroom, schoolyard and on field trips.
- Prepare classroom materials, bulletin board displays and assist in keeping the classroom environment organized.
- Track and report students' progress, behavior, participation and any noteworthy observations to teachers.
The applicant must:
- Hold an associate's or bachelor's degree in Education or related field.
- Be fluent in both Portuguese and English.
- Have previous experience as a Teaching Assistant or similar role in an educational setting.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a passion for working with children and an understanding of child development.
We are seeking an individual who is:
- Devoted to inclusivity, diversity and promoting a positive, respectful learning environment.
- Flexible and patient with the ability to connect with students of varied learning styles and abilities.
- Proactive, resourceful and able to thrive in a team-centric, collaborative setting.
- Committed to lifelong learning and open to professional development opportunities.
Life in Faro
Faro is a charming, historic city in the Algarve region, known for its rich culture, idyllic weather, and stunning coastlines. It offers a wonderfully relaxed and friendly lifestyle with ample recreational activities including exploring its charming Old Town, visiting the local beaches or indulging in great local cuisine. As a city with a high quality of life and safe environment, Faro is an excellent place to grow both personally and professionally.