Jul 16, 2023
Jan 16, 2024
40h / week
English Teaching Assistant Position in Braga, Portugal
We are a top-notch language school situated in the heart of the historic city of Braga, Portugal. We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality of linguistic education to our eclectic group of students, helping them to gain proficiency in various global languages. Currently, we are seeking a self-starting and skilled individual to join our committed team of educators as an English Teaching Assistant.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of engaging English curriculum and instructional materials.
- Conduct instructive English language lessons under the supervision of an experienced teacher.
- Provide individual support to students requiring additional assistance.
- Manage classroom dynamics to ensure a conducive learning environment.
- Participate in regular teacher meetings and communicate effectively with the teaching team.
- Assist in the organization of school events and language immersion activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Education, Linguistics or a relevant field.
- TESOL, CELTA, TEFL or similar teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience, preferably in an ESL environment.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Portuguese is a plus but not required.
- Strong understanding of different learning styles and ability to adapt teaching methods to suit individual students.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong passion for education and dedication towards student success.
Braga is an enchanting city where modernity and history seamlessly blend to create a vibrant cultural hub. Known as the “Portuguese Rome” due to its rich Roman heritage, Braga also stands as a testament to Portugal's progressive approach to education and technology. Picturesque landscapes and unique architecture make it an inspirational place to live and work. Embrace the opportunity to immerse in a truly rewarding experience of working in one of Portugal's finest cities.