Oct 05, 2023
Dec 05, 2023
30h / week
500€ - 900€
Education / Teaching Assistant - Braga, Portugal
We are seeking an Education / Teaching Assistant to join our vibrant and dynamic team in our well-respected school. Based in the beautiful city of Braga, Portugal, the successful candidate will work closely with our team of dedicated educators to create an engaging and inclusive learning environment, ensuring the best possible education for every child in our care.
- Supporting lead teachers in delivering the curriculum across a range of subjects.
- Assisting with the preparation of lesson plans and teaching resources.
- Overseeing classroom management and promoting positive behaviour according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Working with individual students or small groups to reinforce learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Observing students’ performance and providing feedback to teachers.
- Maintaining interactive and safe learning environment.
- Assisting during school events and outings and providing supervision during break times.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education or a related discipline.
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant or similar role is desired but not essential.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience with or a willingness to work with children of different abilities and needs.
We offer an enriching, creative, and dynamic learning environment to our students. Our passionate teachers and supportive staff work together to create a school where learners are encouraged to reach their full potential. Our curriculum is well-rounded, aiming to inspire a love of learning in all our students.
Braga is a city of huge beauty and heritage richness, located in the heartland of green Minho region, in the northwest of Portugal. Known for its religious heritage and events, Braga is an enchanting city, embracing both the ancient and the contemporary in a remarkable harmony. The city is also a hub for innovation, hosting numerous international tech companies, blending together tradition and modernity.