Aug 03, 2022
Jun 07, 2023
Description of the company
Since 1960, our collaborator has worked with more than 400 cities, regions, states and countries helping them attract both investors and visitors. Based in Vienna with 45 professionals nationwide, our firm creates award-winning economic development and tourism marketing campaigns.
Company is seeking a Native English Speaking Public Relations and Marketing Intern.
Job description / tasks
Typical projects that Interns work on include:
- Conducting research for developing storylines and marketing materials
- Writing copy for press releases, pitches, blogs, etc.
- Discovering new journalists and outlets to pitch (building and updating media lists)
- Monitoring for community news and trends in national and local press
- Capturing and reporting on results to clients
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for press visits to client locations
The candidate must have a “passion for places” with a strong interest in economic development, economic news and trends, and have exceptionally strong writing and communications skills. They are looking for a creative, high-achieving individual, who has an interest in national and international business, news, and their impacts on communities.
Other skills and qualities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Prior internships or leadership experience at school
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently